Why become a Contractor with HERO.
Becoming a contractor provides you with flexibility and enhanced learning opportunities to develop your career on a variety of projects across industries.
Benefits of working as a contractor are numerous and include:
You choose the periods you wish to work – days, weeks, months, reflecting the assignments and projects you choose to work.
- Contracting Job Variety & Experience
Due to the nature of contracting you can receive varied company experience working on a variety of projects with different companies. You are continuously learning and gaining valid work experience and developing sought after skills.
Contracting allows you to travel on assignments and projects, giving you the opportunity to live abroad whilst developing your career in a valuable and worthwhile manner.
- Be your own Boss
As a contractor, you are in essence, your own employer and can choose when and where to work.
Moving from PAYE to Contracting can be daunting but can result in increased flexibility and increased income. Contractors do not receive the same social insurance benefits as PAYE employees, they also do not receive holiday or sick pay.
Types of Contracting Jobs:
PAYE Umbrella Companies - A PAYE Umbrella company is a limited company which allows Contractors to maintain Class A PRSI contributions while on Contract whilst taking advantage of all the benefits Contracting brings.
Ltd Liability Contractor - A personal limited company is a company owned by you, giving you legal protection against any personal liability while contracting. Unlike an Umbrella Company, you fully own the company, most suited to long term contractors.
To become a contractor with HERO Recruitment you are required to provide the following information:
- A signed copy of your contract.
- Proof of VAT Registration number.
- Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Certificate of Incorporation (for Ltd. Companies).
- Proof of Professional Indemnity, and Public and Products Liability Insurance Cover.
- Personal details including address, contact details and bank account details.
There are many reasons clients choose to utilise a flexible workforce, whether it is to cover short term sick leave, maternity covers, seasonal projects or unexpected project expansion, HERO Recruitment can advise you on the best temporary solution to your hiring requirements.
We are experts in Temporary & Contract Recruitment across all our divisions and have multiple temporary & contract staff in our client sites across Ireland and EMEA.
Benefits of non-permanent hires:
- Flexibility – HERO Recruitment can source expert skillsets to meet your hiring demands on short notice without committing to a permanent hire.
- Quick access to niche skillsets – We will provide expertise on short notice, allowing your business to continue to expand.
- On our payroll – As temporary hires are employees of HERO Recruitment, you do not have the burden of adding the temp to your payroll, saving time on administration and processing payroll.
- Cash Flow – The nature of temping allows you to spread the cost of the hire over the lifetime of the assignment.
- Temporary Agency Workers Act – HERO Recruitment are fully compliant with the ‘Temporary Agency Workers Act’ thereby protecting you and your business.
- Ltd Contractors – HERO Recruitment will provide expertise via our contracting pool and all contractor invoices are issued to HERO Recruitment.