Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist / Commodity Manager for their site.
Careers that Change Lives
We are currently looking for a Category Manager in our Global Supply Management organization to work in our Galway, facility to support the Metals Category.
A Day in the Life
In this role, the Category Manager will be a member of the Metals Team to create and execute sourcing strategies which support multiple sourcing value streams in the Cardiac Rhythm & Heart Failure Management and the Coronary and Structural Heart businesses. Yow will be the relationship manager for suppliers in this category and you will be responsible for building relationships externally with our key suppliers and internally with our stakeholders. You also will negotiate long term agreements with key suppliers and execute cost down strategies to meet/exceed year over year savings objectives.
- Provides category management and sourcing expertise to cross-functional, cross-divisional category teams.
- Facilitates these teams in the development and execution of long-term category strategies that will optimize position in terms of quality, cycle/response time, technology, risk, and total cost.
- Negotiates, establishes and monitors supplier agreements
- Builds strong, long-term relationships with key supply partners
- Mitigates risk, leverages technology and purchase power, improves processes and systems, and reduces overall cost of ownership and acquisition.
- Engages in consistent, open dialogue to understand Value Stream: business requirements, goals, objectives, strategies, supply/technology needs, monitoring, supporting, diversity, inventory and supplier issues.
- Communicate supplier and category team strategies, actions and issues to VS Leadership, Global Sourcing & Operations leadership.
- Requires of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Nice to Have
- Masters/Advanced Degree in Business or Engineering
- Strong Negotiations Skills and Agreement Negotiations Experience
- Experience Sourcing Metals or other Mechanical Categories
- Lean Sigma Greenbelt
- Practical knowledge of project management
- CPM Certification
For further information on this Commodity Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.