Telephone: 086 1070950
Software Engineer, Embedded Applications
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer, Embedded Applications for their site.
Be the Embedded Software Engineer
- The Embedded Software Engineer will work with the design and manufacturing groups to develop robust, sustainable products that meet customer expectations and are cost effective to manufacture.
- Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform software design based on input from clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements
- Perform software implementation, following coding guidelines and taking into account system characteristics to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software
- Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, quality assurance and support departments in validating a new implementation
- Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software
- Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development procedures
- Document and repair errors related to fielded software issues
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems
- Strong C/C++ skills and software design for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
- Knowledge in .NET C#, Compact Framework, ASP.NET.
- Strong Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine and event driven design.
- Strong knowledge in the embedded User Interface design and display device control such as LCD.
- Strong knowledge in hardware-software interface and network communication using sockets.
- Strong knowledge in Hard Real Time Control and inter-processor communication.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of the Operating Systems and concepts, such as WinCE, Linux, cooperative OS (CoRoutines), etc.
- Familiar with the microcontrollers and microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft)
- Ability to plan and organise
- Ability to work with little supervision and under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
- Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowing one or more of the Development IDEs such as IAR, Keil, Eclipse, and/or Visual Studio
- Knowledge in JTAG debugging and error handling.
- Knowledge in Wi-Fi connectivity and security
- Knowing Python, Build Utilities, code analysis tools is plus
- Knowing Quantum State Machine, ThreadX, SMX is plus.
- Knowing XSLT, XML, HTTML, is plus
- Familiar with Configuration Management and Issue Tracking systems
- Efficient worker who leverages the latest technology and tools to improve productivity
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge would be highly advantageous
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of international standards applicable to medical devices / risk management including ISO 60601-1, ISO 14971.
- Familiarity with Agile / Scrum methodologies is desired.
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes including IEC 62304
- Experience with data acquisition, analysis, and statistical methods.
- Experience in design verification of Medical Device in a FDA-regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience over the full product life cycle is desired
For further information on this Software Engineer, Embedded Applications role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.