Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Training & Development Specialist for their site.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with management to analyse, design, develop and implement training and development programs to support business requirements and improve performance at individual, team and site level.
- Identify requirements to ensure that management, leaders and top talent, develop capabilities to succeed in line with business objectives.
- Develop an annual training and development plan to assist in meeting business objectives.
- Support the continuous improvement of training and development programs by keeping up to date with best practice.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all training programmes delivered to support the business.
- Provide guidance and input into operator training and delivery.
- Support succession planning for the business by pro-actively seeking opportunities to develop employee skill-sets and expertise through continuous professional development, internal and external training.
- Ensure all training criteria is clearly defined and adhered to.
- Manage all external training vendor relationships.
- Manage training objectives and all reporting relating to training activities.
- Manage the Performance Management Systems, and use this process to identify skills gaps, training requirements and development needs for both teams and individuals.
- Liaise with managers/team leaders on all matters relating to training and development issues.
- Provide HR Manager with training and budget reports as requested. Maintain and develop database of training/education vendors and courses available.
- Support planning of training.
- Co-ordinate individual and group programmes, including logistical aspects, to achieve maximum impact at appropriate costs.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of Further Education support provided by GMIL.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- 5 years proven experience in the development and implementation of training and plans IITD qualification or degree in training and development, human resources, or related discipline.
- Proven experience in working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and training to a high standard.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
For further information on this Training & Development Specialist role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.